Monday, October 30, 2017

The Picatrix Decan Art Project: The Second Face of Pisces

I am working on an art project depicting the decans as described in the Picatrix. These are photographic prints of collages, signed and numbered and available in 8x10, 16x20, or 32x40 inch prints.

Here is the Second Face of Pisces:

There rises in the second face of Pisces a man upside down with his head below and his feet raised up, and in his hand is a tray from which the food has been eaten. This is a face of great reward, and of strong will in things that are high, serious, and thoughtful. This is its form.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and powerful. Thank you for sharing.

    I wrote a series of poems as my astrological 'images' of the Decans, but I also drew them. I'm not as talented a creator of artwork as you, I think, tending to line art rather than full-color illustrations. Nonetheless, the act of creating illustrations for the decans is itself an act of power — it trains the mind and hand and cunning brain in ways that other kinds of magical acts do not. Well done!

    ReplyDelete