Monday, August 19, 2024

When the Moon Talks Back

 Dear Readers, I thought I would check in and talk about something that happened to me this evening. I like to give myself a long walk from my place of work before I catch a bus to my neighborhood and home. The route I take is a somewhat wooded, winding road on a high hill. 

This evening I was walking the path when I spotted a person walking toward me. As they got closer I saw it was a rotund, older man with his shirt off. It wasn’t particularly hot out but he had climbed the hill. He was bald and white and looked all together lunar. Just as we were about to pass each other, I met his eye to give a greeting but before I could he said, “take care of yourself, you are valuable.” I was dumbstruck and barely mumbled out a greeting.

Did the Moon just tell me I was valuable? I have very little idea why this human man would say that, but was the Moon speaking through him? If I had been doing Martial work for years and a soldier or a cop in uniform were to tell me I was valuable, or any message really, I would think I would take it to heart. The Moon went Full earlier today, just a few hours ago, and here was a man with the figure of the Moon giving out messages. Talking directly to me. On a Monday, no less.

What does it mean to be valuable to the Moon? It certainly sounds like the Moon is not displeased with the work I’ve been doing and I am encouraged that my efforts are bearing fruit. 

As I continued walking I came across a discarded bit of paper, slightly folded in half and standing on its edge. I recognized it right away as a fortune cookie fortune and I picked it up. Did I ever tell you about my fortune cookie fortune collection? I have multiple jars of hundreds of discarded fortunes I've picked up outside Chinese restaurants over the past 20 years. I’ll tell you more about that later. Anyway, I picked up the fortune today and it read, “Commitment is what turns a promise into reality.”  



Keep working, keep believing, is what I hear there and again, I take it as directly from the Moon. I am now greatly encouraged about my spiritual and creative work. 

Let’s bring this back to the Moon. Today, the Moon went Full while it was in Al Fargh al Awwal, the Upper Water Spout. Al Fargh al Awwal rules water as a spiritual medium, the subtle waters, the lustral waters, the waters of light and absolution. Holy water and the waters we bless for spiritual cleansing are all part of Al Fargh al Awwal. Its image is a woman washing her hair in a basin. I like to imagine she is cleansing herself in an act of spiritual purity. To have these events happen to me on this day tells me I am awash in blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment