Friday, March 4, 2016

Tarot Working, Justice


Justice
Justice was a relatively quiet card for me. She preferred to talk in the mornings if we talked at all. There was very little to the informal part of my work with her. I still carried a copy of the card in my shirt pocket all week but there was not much in terms of communication or synchronicities that I noticed.
I did get the opportunity to try a few times more formal communication. The first time was in the morning. I sat with the card and candle and called to Justice to “come to me, speak to me, show me your forms, share with me your wisdom”.  Her arrival was marked by the eyes of the image on the card becoming intensely piercing and the throne appearing to leap into flame. I welcome her and ask “how can I use your energy in my life”. A look of joy and excitement comes across her face. Then she splits into two forms, two Justices, one with a skull face and one with a face of flesh. Then the two forms merge back into one. I take this as a symbol of balance and merging separate elements. It also has significance for me as my practice has been in blending the Picatrix with the Grimorium Verum.
I ask, “what are the lessons you can teach me”. In response the image on the card changes so that it looks like the face of Justice is just inside a fish’s mouth, as if her body were down the fish’s throat. Then the image changes again so that Justice is wearing an astronaut or cosmonaut spacesuit. I have no idea what to make of this. She said no words and all I can think of is insulation, being able to walk in a harmful environment.

I ask “what is your connection to Astaroth”. This is in response to some UPG from a few months ago when I was asking the cards about the nature of Astaroth. Justice came up prominently more than once. But when I ask this question she frowns. Her face changes to that of a man with a columnar beard and she/he raises her/his hands to heaven. Then she switches back to Justice. Again, I’m not sure what to make of this. A priest? Devotion of some kind? Religions of old?

Then my session is interrupted and I hastily close.

The second time I sat with Justice was in the evening. Again I make the call “come to me, speak to me…” Her arrival is very subtle and it takes me a few minutes to realize that I’m seeing the piercing gaze again and have been returning the gaze. This time I ask “are you related to the suit of swords”. At this she simply stares at me. She doesn’t move, she doesn’t say anything. I wait for her and she seems content to simply sit. After fifteen minutes or so I give up. I thank her for talking with me that morning and for coming this evening and I close the session. When I snuff the candle with my fingers it stings much more than usual and stubbornly tries to stay lit. I’m not sure if it is related but I mention it anyway just in case.
The third time was early the next morning, before dawn and before I need to get ready for work. I opened the same way with the candle and a similar call. Her arrival was indicated by the design on the card subtly shifting to look like she was frozen in mid motion. Her necklace, hair, and scales looking like they were in motion but not moving, slightly flung into space. It was almost like looking at a photograph of someone spinning in a circle. I knew that though she appears still she is always in motion.
I ask, “what do you weigh in your scales”. She replies “air and exhalations” and know that exhalations means words but words that are given a life by being a part of the breath.
I ask, “what do you cut with your sword”. She says “nothing” and it disappears from the card. Her face changes to that of a young woman and she says “I am younger than you think”. And her eyes take on the same piercing quality they had earlier. Her eyes are unflinching. They see much.
I again ask “how can I use your energy in my life” just because I felt her earlier answer was enigmatic. In response her throne again bursts into flame. Her face becomes that of an old woman. Then her face fades away and the hair on either side of her head becomes the faces of cliff walls. Where her face was is now an image of a very narrow mountain valley. She says “narrow path”. Then outside the borders of the physical card I see energy swirling around like a heat mirage.
I ask, “how can I use your sword”. Her expression changes to frightened. A third cup appears between the two cups of her scales. Then she takes the form of a castle, the door at her chest. Her face changes back to that of a young woman. Then I see tents and pennants on a field set up for jousting. “she judges the contest”. Then I see a halo at her head and great white wings spread from her back.
I ask, “are all decisions binary”. She laughs, then looks at me seriously, then freezes into the card image. I hear faintly, “you will soon see”. Then she is gone.
I end the session by thanking her for coming and speaking to me and ask her to be an ally and to be a constant presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment