Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Scirlin Head


As part of my Verum work in general, and my work with Scirlin specifically, I have constructed a divinatory Scirlin head. The technique is something I read about on the Grimorium Verum Yahoo Group. It is based on the Invisibility rite from the second section of the True Grimoire, number VI, To Make Oneself Invisible. In that rite it is Morail that is called as he is the spirit whose specialty is invisibility. In the rite one is supposed to take a head of a dead man and put beans in the seven orifices- the eyes, the nostrils, the mouth and the ears. These beans, after all the ritual is complete, have the power to impart ivisibility. By the rite the head is empowered. The process, however, can be modified to fit a number of applications one of which is the Scirlin head I made.


The first stages of the forming

I chose a Tuesday morning because all the other operations in the grimoire involving Scirlin happen on a Tuesday. I filled the head with mint, marjoram, rosemary, mace blades, and other ingredients. I missed the first hour of the day so I didn't adhere too strongly to the planetary hours.



A cavity for secret ingredients

I used the Mercury head dimes I had for this project. I blessed the head and baked it in the oven for a couple of hours. The clay dried much lighter than I anticipated. These photos were taken while the clay was still wet.



The head just before baking in the oven

I have buried the head at a crossroads near my home. this morning is morning number two in the process. Each morning before dawn I will sprinkle it with brandy for eight mornings. I'll update as we progress.
The work with Scirlin and the Verum spirits continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment